Questions about Dental Implants?
| What Are Dental Implants?
| Why Replace Missing Teeth
| Are Implants Right for You?
Frequently Asked Questions about Dental Implants
1. What are the benefits of dental implants?
2. Can dental implants be used to replace mulitple teeth?
- Since implants are fixed in place, they look and feel like natural teeth.
- Implants prevent bone-loss in the area of the missing teeth, preventing that sunken-in look of old age.
- Unlike bridges, implants avoid damage to surrounding healthy teeth.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Implants give you the freedom to eat the foods you like without having to worry about your teeth.
Dental implants may be used to replace individual teeth, multiple teeth, or all your teeth in one or both arches.
3. Will my insurance cover the cost of an implant?
Dental implant treatment may qualify for some insurance coverage, but is generally limited to the coverage provided for a bridge or partial denture. It is important that you check with your insurance carrier to find out what they provide.
4. Do dental implants require extra care?
Implanted teeth need to be brushed and cared for just like your natural teeth, including periodic cleanings with your dentist.
5. Are there age limitations on dental implants?
No, age is not a factor for dental implant success. Patients of all ages are welcome to come in for a consultation.
6. Is dental implant surgery painful?
No, an effective local anesthetic is used during the surgery so that you do not have any discomfort during the placement of the implants. Any mild discomfort you might experience after surgery can be controlled with medications.